My Flash on You (Love)

7 MARCH 1966


The Los Angeles band Love released their self-titled debut album ‘Love’ during this month. It peaked at #57 on the US album charts. They sounded much like a grungier version of their fellow Los Angeles folk-rock band the Byrds.

The single released from this album was 'My Little Red Book', a Bacharach-David song that reached #52 on the US Billboard chart. The band never achieved great chart success, although their 1967 album 'Forever Changes' has since been recognised as one of the greatest in rock history.

The album track here is 'My Flash On You', which is one of a few from the record that I prefer to the single. Lots of chiming treble on the rhythm-driven riff, and a decent garage pop song which - like so many 'unknown' songs of this period - could have been a hit with a 'bigger' band or better production or marketing.

My Flash on You (Love)