I Got You (I Feel Good) James Brown

24 MARCH 1966


James Brown’s ‘I Got You (I Feel Good)' was at its peak UK chart position of #29. The song had been released several months earlier in the USA, where it reached #3 on the Billboard charts and was at #1 for six weeks on the R&B charts.
This was the highest-charting of his 99 singles to reach the Billboard Hot 100. It has since been (over)used about 20 times in various movies and TV shows.

‘I Got You (I Feel Good)' is a good example of Brown's sound at the time, which already had a much funkier style than the soul music typically put out by the likes of Motown.

B-side: 'I Can't Help It (I Just Do-Do-Do)'
Released: October 1965
Highest chart position: #29 (UK), #3 (US)
Recorded: 6 May 1965, · Criteria Studios, Miami, FL
Length: 2:44
Label: King 6015
Writer: James Brown
Producer: James Brown

 I Got You (I Feel Good) James Brown